Burke, Macdonald & Luczak is a three-lawyer firm located in the UNESCO heritage district of the beautiful Town of Lunenburg. We are passionate about providing quality service to clients, and have an opportunity for a full-time legal assistant to join our team.
As a legal assistant, you will be responsible for providing administrative support primarily to our newest lawyer who focuses on the practice areas of Wills & Estates, Real Estate, Municipal Law and uncontested Family matters. You will ensure a high quality of work is delivered on time while maintaining good relationships with all team members and clients.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Work closely with lawyers, staff, and clients
• Manage organization and administrative processes for efficient workflow
• Establish and organize files; monitor calendars; meet deadlines
• Concise and detailed document drafting and letter writing
• Documents are drafted with skill and efficiency in a timely manner
• Scheduling and calendar systems are created and managed effectively
• Good relationships are maintained at all times
Essential skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Proficiency in time-management and schedule organization
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Able to take direction and work independently with little or no supervision
• Accurate and speedy word processing
• Computer literacy
• File management
• Attention to detail
• Confidentiality, discretion and professionalism
Desirable Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• 2 + years working experience as a legal assistant
• Familiarity with legal documents and procedures of Wills & Estates, Real Estate, Municipal Law and uncontested Family matters
• Legal assistant certification or diploma
• Local knowledge
Burke, Macdonald & Luczak prioritizes office/home-life balance and recognizes the value of a healthy work environment. We offer competitive salary commensurate with experience, a fitness class subsidy, and comprehensive dental and medical benefits.
If you’re interested in joining the Burke, Macdonald & Luczak team submit a concise cover letter and resume in confidence to Piotr Luczak at email@example.com before 4:00 p.m. on May15, 2021.
Burke, Macdonald & Luczak would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Deadline/Expiry Date: 05/15/2021