|The primary duty of the law clerks consists of providing legal assistance to the Court on a variety of legal subjects. This includes:|
• Conducting detailed research and preparing memoranda of law, as requested by the
• Reviewing appeal materials in preparation for the hearing and, if requested, afterwards to summarize evidence and prepare memoranda of law;
• Observing the handling of cases in the Court of Appeal and developing an understanding of the process;
• Assisting the Chambers Judge and reviewing files before or after Chambers sessions, and providing research as may be required by the Chambers judge;
• Participating in office meetings and discussions with the Judges, both individually and in groups, as determined by the Judges;
• Involvement in the organization and coordination of special study projects on certain points of law; and
• Assisting in the preparation of materials for Judges’ seminars and related issues.
All applicants must have graduated from a recognized law school. Preference will be given to candidates who are admitted as a member of the Bar of a Province or Territory of Canada; however, all interested graduates are encouraged to apply. Ability to read and work in French is not essential but is considered an asset.
|Link to Job Posting|
|Job Deadline/Expiry Date: 03/12/2021|