Hints & Tips from the Provincial Prothonotary-Registrar – March 14, 2016
This edition includes:
- Court dockets for March and April;
- Holiday closures ahead;
- Civil Procedure Rule amendments: Rule 13 – Summary Judgment;
- Practice Memorandum No 9 – Bankruptcy and Insolvency;
- Court of Appeal Liaison Committee: Two ‘How-to Manuals’ for Civil and Criminal Appeals (geared toward self-represented litigants though also useful to counsel who are new to appeals);
- Reminder: Free Legal Clinic at the Law Courts; and
- Notice to the profession from the Court Liaison Committees.
See the MARCH 14, 2016 Hints and Tips from Nova Scotia’s Prothonotary/Registrar for details.
To view a complete archive of the Hints & Tips newsletters, visit the Information for Legal Professionals page on the Courts of Nova Scotia website: http://courts.ns.ca/Bar_Information/bar_home.htm.
Also choose to follow the Courts on Twitter for links to decisions, notices, news and other updates via the Courts of Nova Scotia’s Twitter service: http://courts.ns.ca/General_Content/twitter.html.