Fraud Alert: Hopkins Law Firm & Associates

The Society has received numerous reports of the following scam attempt by someone posing as a lawyer named Andrew Hopkins with a fake law firm website (Hopkins Law Firm & Associates).  Andrew Hopkins, Mitchel Holiday, and Michael Gammage are NOT lawyers licensed in Nova Scotia or anywhere in Canada

Members of the public are advised not to respond to this fraudulent scam. 

To determine if anyone is licensed to practice law in Nova Scotia, you can search our database on our website or contact us at (902) 422-1491 or [email protected] 

Hopkins Law Firm & Associates 

Barrister & Solicitors 


1535 Dresden Row, Halifax, 

NS B3J 3T1, Canada 

Tel; +l (902)201-9685 

E-mail: [email protected]  


REF: HOPKINS/HTYB/211122 Date:  

Dear [YOUR NAME]  

My name is Andrew Hopkins: I am a senior partner at Hopkins Law Firm & Associates, in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. 

Apologies if my letter came to you as a surprise, since there has been no previous correspondence between us. There is an unclaimed “permanent life insurance policy” held by our deceased client. 

The transaction pertains to an unclaimed “transfer on death” (“TOD”) savings monetary deposit in the sum of Thirteen Million, Five Hundred and Ninety One Thousand, Two Hundred United States Dollars ($13,591.200.00). The policy holder was one of our clients, Late [Your last name], who was a Real Estate Investor and precious stone dealer. He died in an auto crash, over Nine years ago with his family on their vacation trip. Since after his death, no one has come forward for the claim and all our efforts to locate his relatives have proved unsuccessful. 

The insurance company code stipulates that “Insured Permanent Policies ” not claimed must be turn over to the abandoned property division of the municipality/state after 10 years. 

Therefore, I ask for your consent to be in partnership with me for the claim of this policy benefit, in view the striking similarity in same last name and nationality with the deceased. If you permit me to add your name to the policy, all proceeds will be processed on your behalf, I wish to point out that I want 10% of the money to be shared among charity organizations while the remaining 90% will be shared between us. 

This is 100% risk free; I do have all necessary documentation to expedite the process in a highly professional and confidential manner. I will provide all the relevant documents to substantiate your claim as the beneficiary. This claim requires a high level of confidentiality and your consent to this transaction will be appreciated. 

For more details please contact me via: [email protected]