In this convenient, practical presentation, William Bernhardt, lawyer and New York Times bestselling author of more than forty books, applies the principles of superior legal writing to specific documents designed to persuade. Bernhardt discusses the fundamentals of persuasion, then applies those principles and superior writing skills to factums and other persuasive documents, explaining how each and every section can be strategically executed, considering both text and subtext, to produce a favourable result.
- the importance of strategic issue-framing;
- capturing a reader’s imagination (the best way to persuade);
- building a bulletproof argument;
- giving your documents focus and direction;
- setting a winning tone from the first sentence; and
- creating a compelling story
You’ll leave with proven writing techniques to make your writing more persuasive, earn the trust of judges, and increase your chances of winning!
Live webinar with chat includes 60 day replay. This program features real-time audio of the presenter with synchronized presentation slides, and a chat feature that allows for live Q & A.