Join the Society & LIANS Thursday, November 5th, 2020 from 9:00 AM-4:00 PM for the 12th annual Solo and Small Firm Conference.
You’re invited to attend this virtual conference in the morning (9:00 AM-12:00 PM), in the afternoon (1:00-4:00 PM) or all day (9:00 AM-4:00 PM).
This event, typically held in person at a cost, will be a free online event hosted via Zoom & sessions may be eligible to count towards your annual CPD.
The current session line-up includes:
- Ernst and Young on recent tax rule changes to ‘Work in Progress’;
- current LRO developments with Theresa Graham, Registrar General;
- Lawrence Rubin, LIANS Director of Insurance on Claims Process, on Office Management and Cyber/the New Cyber Insurance Coverage;
- Marcelline Madamombe, NSBS Trust Assurance, on the new rules that address the risks associated with holding old balances in trust and Rob McCleave, NSBS Legal Service Support, will share practical tips for reducing old balances in a manageable way;
- Elaine Cumming, NSBS Professional Responsibility Counsel and Bernadine MacAulay, NSBS General Counsel will review the new regulations for cash transactions, client identification and verification, and trust accounts and they’ll also speak to best practices for remote client ID and verification via video technology;
- a wellness session with Homewood Health™; and
- a panel discussion on current equity issues including Angela Simmonds, NSBS Equity & Access Manager, on identifying and mitigating your biases in practice; Michelle Kelly, Chair of the NSBS Gender Equity Committee, on what we learned from the NSBS member survey on gender discrimination and harassment; and the NSBS TRC Working Group on resources available to lawyers and firms to build their cultural competence.
More sessions will be added. The recorded video sessions will also be available after the event for those who cannot attend.
Registration and additional session details coming soon!