This session provides an overview of the application and appointment process for federal and provincial judicial vacancies.
Hear directly from members of the judiciary, including the former Attorney General of Nova Scotia, and key persons involved in the provincial and federal judicial selection process.
This session is designed to help participants understand what to expect from the selection process, offer practical insights, followed by an engaging moderated discussion from this distinguished panel.
Ryan Brothers, Vice President, CABL-NS
- The Honourable R. Lester Jesudason, Nova Scotia Supreme Court Family Division and Chair of the Federal Judicial Advisory Committee for Nova Scotia
- The Honourable, Aleta C. Cromwell, Nova Scotia Supreme Court Family Division
- The Honourable Mark Furey, former Attorney General of Nova Scotia
- Natalie Borden, Member of the Advisory Committee on Provincial Judicial Appointments
- Philippe Lacasse, Executive Director, Judicial Appointments, and Senior Counsel at Office of the Commissioner for Federal Judicial Affairs