*When you register for this session you will automatically be registered for you Part 2, taking place on November 18*
An Update on Changes to the Divorce Act (Part 1)
The presentation wil discuss the Act to amend the Divorce Act, the Family Orders and Agreements Act and the Garnishment, Attachment and Pension Division Act and to make consequential amendment to another Act, 2019, c. 16.
Most of the Divorce Act amendments in the legislation will come into force on March 1, 2021. Specific topics will include:
- change in terminology from “custody” and “access” to “parenting”;
- best interests of the child;
- family violence;
- new duties for parents, legal advisors and the court;
- changes related to jurisdiction, for example the new interjurisdictional support process; and
- amendments to the Family Orders and Agreements Enforcement Assistance Act to allow for the release of income tax information from the Canada Revenue Agency for the purpose of establishing or varying support
Guest Speaker: Claire Farid (Senior Counsel and Director of the Family and Children’s Law Team at Justice Canada)
Moderated by: Rollie Thompson, QC
Via Zoom webinar
FREE for all CBA-NS members
Not a current CBA-NS member? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details on purchasing recordings of Part 1 and Part 2.