Realizing Rights 2017: Human Rights and Constitutionalism
The Human Rights Research and Education Centre (HRREC) is proud to be hosting a unique national and international conference, “Realizing Rights 2017: Human Rights and Constitutionalism,” to be held from June 8-10, 2017 at the University of Ottawa.
The conference seeks to bring together, for the first time, the full range of practitioners, scholars and advocates working on human rights across Canada and beyond, in order to discuss challenges and opportunities for the effective realization of human rights and related constitutional and governance arrangements.
This major conference coincides with Canada’s 150th anniversary, which provides a special opportunity for celebration and reflection. The conference, featuring various parallel meetings, sessions, workshops and social events of distinct character, will contribute in a significant way to the development and strengthening of the field of human rights professionals.
To organize it, HRREC is working in partnership with:
- the Canadian Association of Statutory Human Rights Agencies (CASHRA),
- the International Commission of Jurists Canadian Section (ICJC),
- the International Development Research Centre (IDRC),
- the Canadian Association of Refugee Lawyers (CARL), and
- the Interdisciplinary Research Laboratory on the Rights of the Child (LRIDE).