Service Animals and the Law
Service animals provide an important support for people with a variety of visible and invisible disabilities. It is essential that service providers and employers understand the state of the law around service animals to avoid running afoul of their obligations. Join us to explore this important legal area, including::
- Unraveling the legislative landscape: a cross-jurisdictional comparison
- What challenges does Ontario’s current legislative scheme pose?
- Making sense of recent Ontario Human Rights Tribunal decisions on service provider responsibilities
- Managing religious, cultural and allergy concerns in the employment setting
- Unique challenges for schools as animals are increasingly being used to support children with autism or mental disability