A Deep Dive into Franchise Disclosure Dilemmas
In many cases, there is little statutory or judicial guidance on the proper preparation of franchise disclosure documents leaving lawyers who need to properly advise their clients with more questions than answers, including:
- Who is an “officer” for the purposes of preparing an FDD under the Wishart Act?
- Are financial statements prepared in accordance with US standards “at least equivalent” to the standards required under the Wishart Act?
- What hath the Pet Valu decision wrought? Is there now going to be a continuing disclosure obligation of all material facts during the term of the franchise agreement?
- What to do when a client does not want to include in their FDD what the lawyer believes is a material fact.
Join us for an interactive and highly informative discussion on these four challenging and very current issues.
- Larry Weinberg, Cassels, Brock & Blackwell LLP
- Jordan Druxerman, Garfinkle Biderman LLP
- Dixie Ho, Morrison Brown Sosnovitch LLP
- Mark Jackson, Welch LLP
- Andrae Marrocco, Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dominic Mochrie, Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
- Kathy Steffan, Welch LLP