C.Dir. Program Module 2: Leadership and Strategy (Jan. 29-31, 2015)
The Directors College, a joint venture of The Conference Board of Canada and the DeGroote School of Business at McMaster University, offers participants a Chartered Director (C. Dir.) designation upon completion of the five-module program.
The Chartered Director program focuses on practical governance issues, as well as the cultural and behavioural aspects of good governance. Board members and senior executives gain understanding of both the processes and behaviours that underpin today’s best practices in corporate governance.
Module 2: Leadership and Strategy
Learn how to collaborate with management to establish a clear, deliverable, corporate strategy in which all board decisions can be anchored.
- Learn how to select the best mix of board members who understand the scope and requirements of the job.
- Learn how the board and CEO relationship works, and the value of an effective succession-planning process.
- Understand how the board and human resource/compensation committees work to achieve appropriate CEO and director compensation.
- Know what questions to ask about the corporate IT strategy, management, and performance.
- Understand the type of information that baords require for ensuring that corporate risks are identified, controlled, mitigated or translated into opportunity.
- Learn how to capitalize on the individual strenghts of your board team in tackling problems and issues.
Register online at thedirectorscollege.com