Beyond Boilerplate and Bombproof: Error-Proofing your Contracts, Copyright and Publishing (Nov 20)
In partnership with the Writers’ Federation of Nova Scotia, Pamela Callow, author of the Kate Lange thriller series and Julie Sobowale, lawyer/journalist will cover the basics of copyright and contracts and give an insider’s perspective working in the publishing industry.
This talk is part of Mixed Media Monthly: A Speaker Series About Art and the Business of Art. The series is geared towards the artistic community and the general public looking for helpful legal information and a chance to network with other artists.
Here’s a quick look at the other topics in the ALIS speaker series.
- January 15 - Art and Social Media. Speaker - David Fraser, McInnes Cooper
- February 27-28 - On the Edge of Now II: Emerging Trends in Entertainment, Digital and IP Law Conference
- March 19 - Making Money from Your Music (in partnership with Music NS)
- April 16 - “So…I have this genius idea for a gadget…” Copyright, Trademarks and Patents for Businesses and Innovative Ideas. Speakers - Heather Oke, Department of Justice and Jon Penney, professor at Dalhousie Schulich School of Law
- May 21 - You and the Courts: A short intro to Self-Advocacy (in partnership with LISNS). Speaker - Julien Matte, Federal Court
Tickets are $10 and $55 for the entire series, excluding the conference.
For more information about the series and the ALIS conference, visit www.nsalis.com.