Workplace Discipline & Terminations 2014 (Sept 29-30)
Managing the employment relationship takes skill and commitment. At this year’s conference, you will hear from both labour and management side experts as they address tested approaches for managing your communications, policies and your processes for the best possible outcomes in dealing with workplace discipline and performance issues. Learn how to minimize errors, setbacks and counter-productive actions. This program will provide practical guidance on how to take steps to minimize the risk of grievances and law suits. It will also shed light on how you can manage your pre-termination communications and actions in such a way as to strengthen your case should dismissal and/or litigation ensue.
The assembled faculty of top labour and management counsel, mediators and other experts will be available to share their expertise and practical insights with you. Take advantage of the opportunity to have them address your issues and questions. Among the important topics to be covered will be:
- The role of pre-termination mediation in the modern labour environment
- How arbitrators assess discipline
- What is the test for frustration of the employment contract?
- Addressing age and gender discrimination at the workplace
- What may be deducted from damages awards?
- Recent court decisions on drug and alcohol testing
- Temporary Foreign Workers – Latest developments on employer compliance
- Supporting the employee through the termination process – reducing the risk of violence
- Drafting employment clauses for the termination scenario – Essential considerations
You will not want to miss this opportunity for comprehensive updates and analysis of the implications of the latest legal developments. There will also be plenty of opportunity for off-line dialogue, networking and catching up with colleagues from across the region.