Following a public hearing on February 8, 2021, respecting the appropriate sanction against Adam Rodgers, the Hearing Panel of the Society released its decision on March 23, 2021.
The Panel has Unanimously Resolved That:
- Adam Rodgers is to be suspended for a period of twelve (12) months, effective July 1, 2021, until June 30, 2022.
- Adam Rodgers shall make the necessary arrangements for his practice in accordance with the Guidelines for Suspended Members established by the Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society and shall obtain approval of the Executive Director for such arrangements. Failure to do so will result in the appointment of a Receiver by the Society with the costs associated with that Receivership being payable in full by Adam Rodgers as a condition of his reinstatement to practice.
- During the period of suspension, Adam Rodgers shall adhere to the Guidelines for Suspended Members established by the Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society.
- Adam Rodgers shall attend and complete successfully, at his own expense, the Professional Responsibility course taught at The Schulich School of Law at Dalhousie University, within 20 months of the commencement of his suspension.
- Adam Rodgers shall pay costs of this investigation and proceeding in the amount of $12,000.00 pursuant to s 45(4)(h) of the Act. $4000.00 of these costs shall be paid prior to Mr. Rodgers’ return to practice after his suspension. The remaining amounts will be paid in 12 equal monthly installments starting on July 1, 2022. A failure to make a monthly payment shall result in automatic suspension from practice until such payment is made.