The Society is carefully monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) public health risk. We are committed to providing updates on how we will continue to fulfill our mandate during this time.
The Society’s office is closed until Monday, May 4, 2020, to align with the Province’s advice to practice social distancing to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
The Society’s Library located at the Nova Scotia Law Courts will also remain closed.
How to Contact Us During the Office Closure
While our offices are physically closed during this time, our staff is available remotely during our office hours (Monday-Friday from 8:30 AM-4:30 PM) via email and phone for assistance. Review our staff contact information.
- Contact Reception: Our reception line at 902-422-1491 will be open and will be monitored regularly. You may also continue to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and inquiries will be forwarded to staff and responded to accordingly.
- Contact our Intake Line: You may use our online intake form at https://nsbs.org/concerns-with-a-lawyer/intake-form/ or email email@example.com. You can call our intake line at 902-422-1491.
While our Intake Line remains open, we are experiencing a high volume of calls. You may find it more efficient to use the online intake form or send us an email. We can get an initial response to you more quickly this way.
If contacting the intake line via email or phone please include your name, the lawyer’s name and a brief description of your concern. Learn more about sharing your concerns about a lawyer.
- Please do not drop off documents or packages to the NSBS office. We ask that you communicate with us electronically via email or phone at 902 422-1491 as we continue to answer questions, support members, and the public remotely.
- The Society’s library at the Nova Scotia Law Courts is closed until further notice. We can no longer accept deliveries, documents or book returns at this time. We are available to answer questions and can assist with online reference work remotely. Contact the library at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1 866-219-1202.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
Additional resources & supports available related to COVID-19:
- What to do if you’re anxious or worried about coronavirus (COVID-19): https://www.anxietycanada.com/articles/what-to-do-if-you-are-anxious-or-worried-about-coronavirus-covid-19/
- Managing Anxiety and Stress During COVID-19 Outbreak: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/managing-stress-anxiety.html
- When to Seek Help for COVID-19: https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/#help
- Protecting Yourself: https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/#protect
- NS Department of Health News Releases: https://novascotia.ca/news/search/?dept=134
Further questions or inquiries? Please contact us at email@example.com or 902-422-1491.