CBA Excellence in Equity and Diversity Award: Nominations due Jan. 15, 2015
The Equity Committee of the Canadian Bar Association – Nova Scotia Branch established this Award to recognize a legal workplace striving to advance equity and diversity in the legal profession and/or the general community.
The importance of equity and diversity in the legal community has been much discussed in recent years. The Equity Committee wants to highlight legal workplaces that put thoughts into action by developing initiatives that champion equity and diversity.
All legal workplaces in Nova Scotia, with at least one CBA member in good standing, are eligible. A legal workplace is one that supports the practice of law and its primary role and can be a private firm or other business, legal aid, government, or a non-profit organization.
Excellence in Equity and Diversity can be demonstrated in many ways. The Nominations Committee will consider examples in the following areas, taking into consideration the available resources of the Nominee:
- employee hiring and promotion;
- workplace environment, including policies and practices that support lawyers from diverse backgrounds;
- employee training;
- relationships in the greater community;
- other examples of promoting equity and diversity.
The Award will be presented at the President's Reception, Marriott Harbourfront Hotel, January 28, 2015 5:00 - 6:00 pm. Free Admission for all attendees.
A written nomination must be submitted, by a CBA member in good standing, and must include:
- The Nominator's name, contact information, and CBA membership number;
- Confirmation that a representative of the Nominee organization, in a management role, has been advised of the nomination;
- Examples of how the Nominee organization fits the above-noted criteria of Excellence in Equity and Diversity.
For nomination forms and complete details, please visit CBA-NS:
Deadline: January 15, 2015
For more information, please contact:
Canadian Bar Association - Nova Scotia
5991 Spring Garden Road, Suite 1050
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada B3H 1Y6
Tel: (902) 422 1905
Fax: (902) 423 0475