Legal Assistant, Family Law - Sydney, Nova Scotia
Khattar & Khattar are looking for a Legal Assistant to fill a full time position in the area of Family Law commencing immediately.
Significant experience working in a family law practice and a good working knowledge of legal terminology, family law rules, documentation, and court procedures is required. The following skills and abilities are essential:
- Initial drafting of documents such as Applications to the Court, Financial Statements, and Property Statements;
- Accuracy in working with columns of numbers and preparing spreadsheets;
- Preparation, issuance, and arranging for service of documents and Subpoenas;
- Tracking status of case through the Court with regard to filing deadlines etc.;
- Obtaining information from new clients and contact with clients as directed.
The successful candidate will also display the following:
- Ability to work independently, take initiative on file work and to use good judgment in matters of extreme confidentiality and sensitivity; ability to "manage" a busy practice as directed;
- Excellent typing, oral, grammar, spelling, and written communication skills, including attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to meet deadlines and balance multiple competing priorities; ability to work under pressure;
- High degree of organization and pride in work; good attitude and willingness to improve;
- Proficiency with personal computers including knowledge and facility with programs including PCLaw and Microsoft Office;
- Ability to learn and use Quicklaw.
This is a full-time position with a health/dental benefits package. Salary will commensurate with experience. Please submit applications prior to October 4.
Please apply in confidence to: Sherri Coffin - Fax 902-562-7147 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, October 25, 2019