Crown Council in Saskatchewan
Are you seeking to practice law and make a difference? Would you like to have a great career and work life balance? If so, you might the perfect candidate for us! Public Prosecutions within the Ministry of Justice for the Government of Saskatchewan is seeking to fill opportunities in Prince Albert, La Ronge, Regina and North Battleford.
As a Crown Prosecutor you will help deliver justice through fair and effective prosecutions. Sound legal expertise and excellent inter-personal skills will make you an intergral part of preserving and improving public safety and the lives of people in our communities. The work offers an intellecutal challenge, and an opportunity to make a differece.
Public Prosecutions prosecutes those charged under the Criminal Code, Youth Criminal Justice Act, some other federal statutes, and some provincial statues. Public Prosecutions promotes safe communities by just conclusion of ciminal charges through various means, ranging from vigorous prosecutions of trial matters to working with justice partners, individuals, and organizations to implement alternative resoluntions.
The competitive salary will be commensureate with experience ans qualifications. The person hired will be entitled to at least three weeks annual vacation, twelve scheduled days off and statutory holidays. The person hired will also be entitled to a full benefit package after six months of service including a health spending account.
- Eligibla for membership and, on an ongoing basis, holding a memebership in good standing with the Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Satisfactorily pass a criminal record check
- Ligination experience in the practice of criminal law
- Outstanding oral communication and presentation skills
- superior written communication skills
- excellent interpersonal skills
- excellent analytical skills
- effective case management and organization skills
- the ability to meet short deadlines, working independently and as part of a team.
- Experience and proficiency with computer software applications including legal research applications and MS Office.
Under the Direction of the Regional Crown Prosecutor, you will be responsible for a multitude of duties and decisions. Primary duties will be the carriage of criminal, quasi-criminal, and regulatory prosecutions in the Provincial Court for Saskatchewan and the Court of Queen's Bench for Saskatchewan. Such carriage will include docket court work, trial work, and summary convistion appeals. Other durties include giving legal opinions, reviewing police reports, and advising police as appropriate. The successful candidate will be expected to participate in legal education in the areas of criminal law, ethics and the like.
Should you be interested in applying for this position, please forward all resumes with references before October 30, 2019 to:
Ashley Armstrong, Director of Administration and Personnel, 300-1874 Scarth St., Regina SK S4P 4B3 or my email: email@example.com