Corporate Services Manager
Cox & Palmer is a full-service, top-ranked Atlantic Canadian law firm, with the knowledge and experience clients rely upon for solid legal solutions. The firm prides itself on a collegial work atmosphere and supportive team environment. We hire self-motivated, team-minded individuals with a strong work ethic, integrity and a commitment to client service.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
We are seeking a full-time Corporate Services Manager to join the Halifax office. This position will provide support to lawyers in the Halifax office and their respective clients, and will report to the Chief Operating Officer, and the Practice Group Coordinator for the Business Group.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing systems, policies and procedures to facilitate the Department's work and to expand services provided to clients;
- Developing and maintaining Firm precedents and implementing corporate services software;
- Supervising staff (currently 4);
- Delegating work assignments, coordinating workflow, and undertaking some of the key activities of the Department, which will include:
- Incorporation and registration of all forms of corporate organizations;
- Corporate reorganizations (continuances, amalgamations, and dissolutions);
- PPSA searches and other due diligence searches (company searches, searches for statutory liens, etc); and
- Organizing records and fulfilling maintenance requirements;
- Attending conferences, developing relationships with corporate services departments with clients and other law firms, and being engaged in business development;
- Other duties as required.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 5-7 years in Corporate Services;
- Preference will be given to those with Management experience:
- Superior time management and organization skills;
- Ability to prioritize and manage workflow;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to manage/lead a team;
- Strong people skills with a proven record in motivating people;
- Above average attention to detail;
- Technically sound in Corporate Services processes;
- Law degree considered an asset but not a requirement;
- Flexibility and some overtime will be required.
Cox & Palmer, Halifax Office, provides a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Health, dental, life and disability insurance, Employee Assistance Program, health and fitness allowance, group RRSP, pension, and savings programs.
Qualified candidates who are interested in this position should send a covering letter and resume to:
- Shirley Thomson
- Human Resources Manager