CORPORATE LAWYER, HALIFAX, TORYS LSC
We are seeking a corporate lawyer to join the Torys Legal Services Centre (LSC) in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Working closely with our Financial Institutions Group in Toronto, this role offers the successful candidate an opportunity to engage in challenging, important work in a flexible and collaborative setting. The ideal candidate will have a strong service orientation, excellent time management and organizational skills and superior attention to detail. We would be open to flexible work arrangements.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will have:
• at least two to five years of corporate experience at a top law firm;
• strong technical, legal, analytical and drafting skills;
• exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail;
• a high degree of professionalism, strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to collaborate with colleagues and client personnel;
• the ability to work independently and as a part of a team to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines while working in a fast paced environment;
• the ability to deal easily with ambiguity and change, including changing priorities and timelines;
• the ability to work flexible hours when required to meet client demands; and
• membership in good standing of a provincial bar and be willing to be called to the Ontario bar.
Torys LLP is a highly respected international business law firm with offices in Toronto, New York, Calgary, Montréal and Halifax. We focus on maintaining long-term relationships with Canadian and international clients who demand the best advice and service from their outside counsel. We believe that our continuing success over many years has come from adherence to our core values of excellence, client service, collaboration, long-term thinking and utmost professionalism and integrity. Dedication to professional excellence and outstanding client service is Torys’ hallmark. Of equal importance is our commitment to maintaining a collegial working environment – one that brings together individuals with diverse backgrounds, personalities and styles in an atmosphere of friendship and team spirit. As a Torys employee, you will enjoy both an exciting, fast-paced work environment and a supportive, collegial and team-based culture. At Torys, we take pride in our ability to attract and retain individuals who excel in their respective fields. We do this by providing stimulating work and learning and development opportunities, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, the Torys Legal Services Centre is designed to enhance the value Torys provides to its clients by meeting more of their important legal needs. The LSC supports lawyers across Torys offices with fully integrated and specialized expertise in essential corporate services. Work conducted by the LSC is integrated seamlessly into our client relationships. The LSC’s legal and paralegal professionals represent a broad range of law firm and in-house experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should forward their resume in confidence to Kimberly Sheldrake-Head at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Torys, we are committed to diversity in the recruitment, retention and advancement of our people. We believe that diversity of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives enhances the quality of our work and enriches our lives. We are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible work environment. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities. If you require immediate accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please contact Kimberly Sheldrake-Head, Senior Manager, Professional Resources.