Barteaux Durnford - Seeking Legal Administrative Assistant
Barteaux Durnford is a boutique labour and employment law firm representing private and public sector employers throughout Atlantic Canada. We are the Atlantic Canada member of the Employment Law Alliance, the world’s largest network of labour and employment lawyers.
We pride ourselves on our team work and emphasize the importance of a collaborative and positive culture. We offer challenging work, the latest in technology, great office space, competitive compensation and benefits, and a collegial and fun work environment.
We are seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant for a full-time opportunity. This position will be a varied role providing administrative support to two Associates.
This is a great role for an assistant who enjoys a dynamic desk and is looking for an opportunity to develop legal and technological skills.
Job Title: Legal Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Office Manager and Assigned Associates
Job Purpose: The position will include preparing correspondence, reports and other documents; managing and responding to emails and phone calls; scheduling appointments, mediations, arbitrations and discoveries; coordinating client activities (booking meeting rooms, answering phones and greeting clients); organizing and maintaining client files.
Knowledge, Qualities & Experience Required:
- A Legal Assistant certificate is preferred. However, varying combinations of education and experience may be accepted;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Work and experience with Document Management is an asset along with an understanding of litigation and eDiscovery procedures;
- Excellent transcription and proof reading skills;
- Be highly organized and detail oriented;
- A quick learner with an aptitude for computers and various software programs;
- Strong communication, organizational, problem-solving, decision-making and project management skills;
- Team player providing exception levels of service to clients, lawyers and colleagues;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and remain productive within a time-sensitive and fast-paced environment; and
- Exhibit common sense, patience and, a sense of teamwork.
We offer a competitive compensation package, modern offices and a great culture. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates who enjoy a challenge and want to be part of a small, exciting law firm.
If you are interested in this position, please email a cover letter and resume by June 8 to:
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.