Legal Assistant/Paralegal - NOVA Injury Law
NOVA Injury Law, a personal injury firm in downtown Halifax, is seeking a part-time Legal Assistant or Paralegal. The position will move to a work from home arrangement with flexible hours after a training period. This position would be ideal for someone who wants to remain active in a law environment but could do without a daily commute and fixed fulltime hours.
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Accurately follows instructions and asks questions to clarify requirements & ensure work is done properly
- Strong written and verbal communication, including excellent telephone skills
- Basic accounting skills
- Knowledge of Word and Adobe and interest in learning firm document management practices.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Flexible and willing to put in work wherever necessary
- Ability to work efficiently from home
- Organized, highly detail-oriented, and able to effectively prioritize
Main job duties will include document management, document review, file related communications, and completing tasks as requested by the Lawyer and Lead Paralegal. Previous legal administrative experienced required. Previous work experience or familiarity with a personal injury or insurance-based practice preferred.
If your skill set and experience would be a good match for this position, please forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to Jeff Mitchell (email@example.com)