Nova Scotia Legal Aid Commission - Legal Assistant Position - Dartmouth Criminal Office
Seeking an experienced Legal Assistant for a one-year contract position located in our Dartmouth Criminal Office.
Ideal abilities and skills
- Graduate of a recognized post-secondary paralegal/clerical certificate program or 5 years equivalent work experience.
- Experience in a law office and have a good working knowledge of legal terminology and court procedures.
- Ability to work independently, to take initiative and to use judgment in matters of extreme confidentiality and sensitivity.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team setting.
- The candidate should be proficient in transcription of dictation with excellent typing and communication skills, including attention to detail, accuracy and capacity to work under pressure of deadlines and multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to work in a high stress enviornment is an asset.
- Proficiency with personal computers including knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
NSLAC Clerical Pay Scale (CL), plus benefits
Deadline for application
Friday, October 13, 2017 @ 4:30 pm
Submit resume to
Barry Whynot, Internal Operations Director
1701 Hollis Street, Suite 920, Halifax, NS B3J 3M8
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. We have an Employment Equity Policy and welcome applications from historically disadvantaged groups, including: Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities, and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify, on your application form, cover letter, or resume.
While we appreicate receiving all applications, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicaitons will be held in strict confidence.