Nova Scotia Legal Aid Commission - Legal Assistant - Bridgewater
Seeking an experienced Legal Assistant for a one-year contract position located in our Bridgewater office.
Ideal abilities and skills
- Graduate of a recognized post-secondary paralegal/clerical certificate program or 5 years equivalent work experience.
- Experience in a law office and have a good working knowledge of legal terminology and court procedures.
- Ability to work independently, to take initiative and to use judgement in matters of extreme confidentiality and sensitivity.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team setting.
- The candidate should be proficient in transcription of dictation with excellent typing and communication skills, including attention to detail, accuracy and capacity to work under pressure of deadlines and multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to work in a high stress environment is an asset.
- Proficiency with personal computers including knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
NSLAC Clerical Pay Scale (CL), plus benefits
Deadline for Applications
Monday, May 15, 2017 at 4:30 PM
You can also submit your resume with cover letter to:
Internal Operations Director
1701 Hollis Street, Suite 920
Halifax, NS B3J 3M8
NSLA has an employment equity policy and encourages candidates from historically disadvantaged groups. While we appreciate all applications, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications held in confidence.