Nova Scotia Legal Aid Commission – Legal Assistant, Amherst
Seeking an experienced Legal Assistant for a one-year contract position located in Amherst, NS.
Ideal Abilities and Skills
- Graduate of a recognized post-secondary paralegal/clerical certifciate program or 5 years equivalent work experience.
- Experience in a law office and have a good working knowledge of legal terminology and court procedures.
- Ability to work independently, to take initiative and to use judgement in matters of extreme confidentiality and sensitivity.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team setting.
- The candidate should be proficient in transcription of dictation with excellent typing and communication skills, including attention to detail, accuracy and capacity to work under pressure of deadlines and multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to work in a high stress environment is an asset.
- Proficiency with personal computers including knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
Salary Level: NSLAC Clerical Pay Scale (CL), plus benefits.
Deadline for Applications: Monday, April 24, 2017 at 4:30 PM.
You can submit your resume with cover letter to:
Internal Operations Director
1701 Hollis Street, Suite 920
Halifax, NS B3J 3M8.
NSLA has a employment equity policy and encourages candidates from historically disadvantaged groups. While we appreciate all applications, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All application held in confidence.