Experienced Legal Assistant
Wickwire Holm, an established law firm in Halifax, Nova Scotia is seeking an experienced Legal Assistant to work in its Litigation Department. This position requires a mature individual who can work independently in a fast-paced environment while maintaining professionalism and a positive attitude.
Requirements of this position include:
- 5+ years’ work experience as a legal assistant in litigation.
- A paralegal diploma and experience in insurance law would be an asset.
- Strong organization and time management skills with the ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability to adapt to changing demands.
- High level of sound and independent judgment.
- Excellent writing skills including proper spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to draft documents, forms and correspondence with minimal supervision providing attention to detail and superior proofreading skills.
- Experience with court filing procedures and the ability to use limitation diaries to assist in the management of files.
- Exceptional computer software skills using Microsoft Office. Experience with document management software would be an asset.
- Proven ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- A strong work ethic, delivering service with energy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to take initiative when necessary and to interact with other employees to assist them as needed.
This position is a permanent, full-time position Monday through Friday. It includes a competitive salary, as well as group benefits and pension. If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume and contact information in confidence to Patricia Wilkinson, Firm Administrator, at email@example.com. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.