Nova Scotia Legal Aid Commission - Legal Assistant - Kentville Office
Seeking an experienced Legal Assistant for a one-year contract position located in Kentville.
Ideal abilities and skills
- Graduate of a recognized post-secondary paralegal/clerical certificate program or 5 years equivalent work experience.
- Experience in a law office and have a good working knowledge of legal terminology and court procedures.
- Ability to work independently, to take initiative and to use judgment in matters of extreme confidentiaity and sensitivity.
- Ability to work in a corroborative team setting.
- The candidate should be proficient in transcription of dictation with excellent typing and communication skills, including attention to detail, accuracy and capacity to work under pressure of deadlines and multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to work in a high stress environment is an asset.
- Proficiency with personal computers including knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
Salary Level: NSLAC Clerical Pay Scale (CL), plus benefits
Deadline for applications: Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 4:30 PM
Submit your resume to:
Barry Whynot, Internal Operations Director
1701 Hollis Street, Sutie 920
Halifax, NS B3J 3M8
NSLA has an employment equity policy and encourages candidates from historically disadvantaged groups. While we appreciate all applications, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications held in confidence.