Legal Assistant - Real Estate Practice Team
- Do you want a career in a law firm that rewards you for a commitment to an excellent work product?
- Are you looking for an employer who facilitates a team-working environment?
- Are you tired of commuting in rush hour traffic to Halifax?
- Does state-of-the-art Document Management technology interest you?
Look no further. BOYNECLARKE LLP is a dynamic, fast-growing Dartmouth law firm. The legal assistant position supports a busy Real Estate Practice. This successful candidate will be eager to learn and take on new challenges with a keen eye for detail and a focus on organization and efficiency. The focus of this role will be to support a Partner with sizable Real Estate Practice.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receiving and handling all calls from clients and related parties;
- Responsible for facilitating full cycle real estate transactions and all related work including purchase, sale, refinance, relocation and new home construction;
- Responsible for completing dictation, producing documents, correspondence and all follow-up work as directed;
- Responsible for maintaining up to date client files; both paper and electronic;
- Coordinate travel arrangements as required;
- Arrange in house meetings as required by the lawyer;
- Involvement in special projects as required.
Required Skills and Knowledge:·
- Several years experience working in a real estate practice;·
- Graduate of a formal paralegal program or the equivalent combination of training and experience;·
- Career minded and looking to develop and continue to build knowledge and skill;·
- A motivated self starter that can also work well autonomously;·
- A team player with a collaborative approach to problem solving;·
- Excellent organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail;·
- The ability to juggle multiple priorities is a must.
BOYNECLARKE LLP provides a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, life and dependent life insurance, Group RSP, EAP and Health & Wellness initiatives; salary to be commensurate with experience. We offer a friendly and professional work environment. Our offices are located in Metropolitan Place, 99 Wyse Road in downtown Dartmouth across the street from the Dartmouth Sportsplex. BOYNECLARKE LLP supports equity in employment and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply to our firm. Our website offers more information about our firm. Please reply in confidence to: