Receptionist/Legal Assistant Position Available
We are currently looking for a bright, enthusiastic and client-focused individual to join our Halifax office. The right candidate thrives in a busy and dynamic role and enjoys handling a variety of tasks. While the position has a strong focus on reception relief, it also includes responsibility for day to day functions that keep our office running smoothly. This includes contact with vendors, scheduling meetings and catering arrangements, very basic accounting and general administrative tasks. Overflow and relief support for lawyers in all practice areas provides an excellent opportunity for growth.
This is a full-time 6-month term position, with possibility of extension to permanent. Hours of 8:30–5:00 (inflexible due to opening/closing office responsibilities).
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Reception duties
- Relief coverage for legal Assistants during periods of absence or heavy workload
- Scanning and filing
- Completion of other administrative tasks and projects as assigned
Knowledge, Qualities & Experience Required
- Formal legal administrative assistant education and training an asset
- Advanced computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, etc.)
- A strong knowledge of spelling, grammar, and punctuation to ensure quality control of reports and correspondence
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to listen effectively, respond appropriately, and maintain mutual comfort level while relating to a diverse group of individuals
- Able to remain productive within time-sensitive and fast-paced environment
- Proven problem-solving skills with the ability to visualize and deliver creative solutions
- Ability to multitask, establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives under minimal supervision
- Energetic, flexible, and willing to pitch in wherever necessary
- Prior Reception experience and experience in a similar professional work environment would be considered assets
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Patterson Law is an established Nova Scotia law firm with offices in Truro, New Glasgow and Halifax and with clients whose interests range from global to purely local. Our more than 100 lawyers and staff are dedicated to meeting our clients’ diverse legal needs. We endeavour to maintain the highest standard of service to our clients. This can only be accomplished by employing qualified, educated and motivated staff.
We are pleased to offer our staff a competitive salary, group insurance coverage, and pension plan membership after a year.
Patterson Law hires on the basis of merit. We are committed to employment equity and welcome diversity. Applications are encouraged from all interested and qualified individuals.