Nova Scotia Legal Aid Commission - Legal Assistant
Nova Scotia Legal Aid Commission is seeking an experienced Legal Assistant for a one-year contract position located in our HRM Family Office.
Ideal abilities and skills:
- Graduate of a recognized post-secondary paralegal/clerical certificate program or 5 years equivalent work experience.
- Experience in a law office and have a good working knowledge of legal terminology and court procedures.
- Ability to work independently, to take initiative and to use judgement in matters of extreme confidentiality and sensitivity.
- Ability to work in a colloborative team setting.
- Excellent typing and communication skills, including attention to detail and accuracy and capacity to work under pressure of deadlines and multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to work in a high stress environment is an asset.
- Proficiency with personal computers including knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Prior work experience in a legal setting is an asset.
Salary Level: NSLAC Clerical Pay Scale (CL)
Deadline for Applications:
Friday, September 30, 2016 at 4:00 PM
Submit your resume to:
Barry Whynot, Internal Operations Director
920-1701 Hollis Street
Halifax, NS B3J 3M8
NSLA has an Employment Equity Policy and preference may be given to those who self-identify from historically disadvantaged groups. While we appreicate all applications, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.