One of Halifax's leading law firms, Burchells LLP, is currently recruiting for a full-time, permanent legal assistant to work in the area of Litigation.
Burchells provides a wide range of legal services to regional, national and international clients, including multinational corporations, small business owners, major banks, individuals, insurance companies and all levels of government.
Providing support to the lawyers of Burchells is a group of hard working and enthusiastic professionals who take pride in exceptional client service and team work.
- Enhance lawyer effectiveness and the delivery of quality legal services through production of timely, accurate work that meets our work standard of “Do it once, do it right”.
- Provide efficient, accurate, professional and knowledgeable support to the lawyers you report to and in turn the firm’s clients.
- Support and work with your co-workers in a timely, accurate and helpful manner.
- Formal Legal Assistant/Paralegal Education.
- Minimum two years’ experience as a Legal Assistant.
- Experience in the area of Litigation preferred.
- Sound judgment in high-pressure situations.
- Flexibility, initiative, organization and prioritization skills are critical.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent spelling and grammar skills.
- Excellent computer knowledge – full Microsoft Office Suite.
- Minimum typing speed of 60 wpm.
- Knowledge of other software programs will be considered an asset.
- Above average ability to work in a team environment with all members of the firm.
Burchells offers a competitive salary and full comprehensive benefit package.
Please visit our website www.burchells.ca to learn more about our firm.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Charlene F. Harrison
Deadline for submission of applications is Friday, August 19, 2016. We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.