Due to anticipated growth, one of Halifax's leading law firms, Burchells LLP, is currently recruiting for several full-time, permanent legal assistants.
Burchells provides a wide range of legal services to regional, national and international clients, including multinational corporations, small business owners, major banks, individuals, insurance companies and all levels of government.
Providing support to the lawyers of Burchells is a group of hard working and enthusiastic professionals who take pride in exceptional client service and team work.
- Enhance lawyer effectiveness and the delivery of quality legal services through production of timely, accurate work that meets our work standard of “Do it once, do it right”.
- Provide efficient, accurate, professional and knowledgeable support to the lawyers you report to and in turn the firm’s clients.
- Support and work with your co-workers in a timely, accurate and helpful manner.
- Formal Legal Assistant/Paralegal Education.
- Minimum two years’ legal assistant experience.
- Sound judgment in high-pressure situations.
- Flexibility, initiative, organization and prioritization skills are critical.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent computer knowledge – full Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of other software programs will be considered an asset.
- Above average ability to work in a team environment with all members of the firm.
Burchells offers a competitive salary and full comprehensive benefit package.
The positions we are recruiting for will be assigned directly to lawyer(s) in a variety of areas of law – not “float” positions.
Please visit our website www.burchells.ca to learn more about our firm.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Charlene F. Harrison
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.