Part-time legal assistant
Nova Scotia Legal Aid is seeking a part-time (3 days per week) Legal Assistant for its Truro Office (contract position)
Desired experience and training:
- Grade 12;
- Accreditation from a recognized secretarial / commercial school;
- Legal Assistant training or experience (excellent typing, organizational and communication skills);
- Demonstrate initiative and have the ability to work independently while using judgment in matters of extreme confidentiality;
- The candidate should be proficient in transcription of dictation and possess excellent word processing skills using software such as Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel;
- Proficiency in both official languages is an asset;
- Familiarity with Family Court practices is an asset.
Closing Date: September 18, 2015
Forward resume to :
102-523 Prince Street,
Truro, Nova Scotia
NSLA has an employment equity policy and encourages candidates from historically disadvantaged groups. While we appreciate all applications, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications held in confidence.