Legal Counsel – Legal Services, Nova Scotia Health Authority
The Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Legal Counsel acts as a corporate resource to the Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA). He/she provides sound legal and medical/ethical guidance to employees, medical staff and the Leadership of the NSHA, taking into consideration other activities within the NSHA and established health, human resource, corporate and administrative law practices across the country.
Legal Counsel also provides advice and strategic direction in the coordination of risk identification, reduction, assessment, investigation, management and resolution.
- Bachelor of Laws from a recognized Canadian University
- Practising or current eligibility to become a member of the Nova Scotia Barristers' Society
- 1-5 years in active practice of law preferred though consideration will be given to candidates who are in their first year of practice
- Experience in Healthcare Law and Risk Management, including legislation governing health authorities and public bodies an asset
- Experience in Administrative and Commercial Law also an asset
- Experience or knowledge of legal issues in research also an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and negotiating skills
- Ability to function independently
- Demonstrated competent research and practical analytical skills
- High degree of tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrated computer skills
- Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
Hours of Work
Permanent full-time position; 75 hours biweekly. Potential to fill as a part-time (50%) position (37.5 hours biweekly) up to and including a full time position. Applicants should specify whether they are seeking a full-time position or other in their application.
$31.9383 - $39.9228 hourly
To pursue this opportunity please visit our website at http://www.cdha.nshealth.ca/careers/how-apply and choose “Job Postings Open to the General Public”. Please submit an application for the competition through job ID number, 1020996. The deadline for receipt of applications is August 9, 2015 at 11:59 pm.
Monday, August 10, 2015