Corporate Legal/Risk Management Assistant
CBCL Limited is one of the largest employers of Consulting Engineers and Environmental Scientists in Atlantic Canada. We value the commitment and capabilities of our employees and know that the strength of our firm comes from within. Operating successfully in the region for 60 years, we credit our success to the relationships we build with each and every member of our staff. We are a forward-looking company: we embrace the value of change and understand that corporate sustainability is both a requirement and a duty in today's workplace. CBCL Limited has been awarded with several employee focused awards including in Best Places to Work in Atlantic Canada, Atlantic Progress Top 101 Award, Atlantic Canada’s Top 25 Employers and Nova Scotia’s Top 15 employers.
Currently, CBCL Limited is looking to add a Corporate Legal/Risk Management Assistant to our team located in our head office in Halifax. We invite those individuals looking for a challenge and an opportunity to develop a career within a dynamic consulting practice to apply.We are seeking an individual who has familiarity with a corporate and commercial legal practice including incorporations, financing, contracts as well as primary knowledge of risk management practices.
The role will include, but not be limited, to the following:
- Organization and maintenance of NS and Federal corporations, extra-provincial registrations in other Canadian jurisdictions, and business name registrations;
- Organize and keep the General Counsel’s filing system up to date;
- Attend to share alterations and transactions, name and other corporate changes, dissolutions, continuances, amalgamations and restorations;
- Prepare Agreements, Contracts, Leases, Directions, Resolutions and all related documentation;
- Maintenance and quality control of files and records, ensuring Legal Counsel is provided with ongoing status updated Conduct due diligence searches and reviews, organize corporate records, draft corporate documents and assist in rectifying deficiencies in corporate records;
- Assist Vice-President, Risk Management with document preparation, including insurance certificate applications, Risk Management education and renewals;
- Act as liaison with CBCL’s insurers and insurance brokers;
- Organize and manage all precedent, transaction and insurance files and documents.
- Our ideal candidate would have a minimum of three years' experience in a similar, professional environment, preferably in a corporate/commercial legal and/or insurance environment in addition to a post-secondary education. A candidate with a combination of experience and education will also be considered;
- Strong computer skills are required, specifically in Outlook, Word and Excel;
- The ability to follow detailed instructions and take ownership of final product;
- Candidate must be a motivated, self-starter who is able to grasp new ideas and can learn new concepts and processes quickly;
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information.
Please submit your application and resume in confidence, quoting, CB-3045-CLIA to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer an attractive benefits package with compensation that is commensurate with experience. CBCL Limited is an equal opportunity employer.Established in 1955 and now with approximately 300 employees, CBCL Limited operates from its eight Atlantic Canadian offices located in Halifax and Sydney, NS; Charlottetown, PE; Saint John, Fredericton and Moncton, NB; and St. John's and Happy Valley-Goose Bay NL.CBCL Limited is a 100% employee-owned firm offering a full range of engineering and environmental consulting services.