Attorney (3 positions)
Regular/full-time; Term/full-time (2 - Winnipeg; 1 - Thompson)
Legal Aid Manitoba
Thompson MB, Winnipeg MB
Advertisement Number: 29154
Salary(s): BB1-3 $70,394.00 - $141,999.00 per year Plus Remoteness Allowance, if applicable.
Closing Date: December 22, 2014
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 6 months.
Legal Aid Manitoba provides legal help to people who are financially eligible. We strive to serve all clients with respect and dignity. Our service is fundamental to a fair and balanced justice system.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check, Child Abuse Registry Check, and Adult Abuse Registry Check.
- Valid class 5 driver's license.
- Ability to travel within the province.
- Must be a member in good standing or eligible for membership with the Law Society of Manitoba.
- Experience litigating in the field of criminal law.
- Superior verbal communication skills.
- Superior written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with experience dealing with clients, the general public, legal professionals and the judiciary.
- Ability to exercise innovative legal thinking.
- Proven analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience managing legal matters and effectively meet critical deadlines.
The incumbent is required to attend court in their home city as well as circuit points in the surrounding rural area. This position will manage an assigned case load in an efficient and effective manner as well as performing other related duties as assigned.
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB, R3C 3J7
- Please indicate in your cover letter which location you are applying for.
- When applying to this advertisement, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and body of your email.
- Employment Equity is a factor in selection. Applicants are requested to indicate in their covering letter or resumé if they are from any of the following groups: women, Aboriginal people, visible minorities and persons with a disability.
- We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.