Legal Assistant - Personal Injury - BOYNECLARKE LLP
- Do you want a career in a law firm that rewards you for a commitment?
- Are you looking for an employer who facilitates a team-working environment
- Are you tired of commuting in rush hour traffic to Halifax?
- Does state-of-the-art Document Management technology interest you?
Look no further. BOYNECLARKELLP is a dynamic, fast-growing Dartmouth law firm. We are looking to hire an experienced, enthusiastic and organized Legal Assistant to support a Partner`s Personal Injury Practice. The successful candidate will be eager to learn and take on new challenges with a keen eye for detail and a focus on organization and efficiency.
- Communication to key parties as required.
- Responsible for maintaining lawyer schedule and agenda.
- Responsible for completing dictation, producing documents, correspondence and all follow-up work as directed.
- Responsible for maintaining up to date client files; both paper and electronic with the use of the in house document management system ProLaw.
- Involvement in special projects as required.
- Filing and organization of large files.
- Responsible for reviewing and prioritizing incoming mail, coordinate faxes and draft routine correspondence for lawyer review.
- Scanning, filing and organization of large files.
- Any other duties as required.
- Several years experience working in a personal injury practice.
- Graduate of a formal paralegal program or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Career minded and looking to develop and continue to build knowledge and skill.
- A motivated self starter that can also work well autonomously.
- A team player with a collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- The ability to juggle multiple priorities is a must.
BOYNECLARKE LLP provides a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, life and dependent life insurance, Group RSP, EAP and Health & Wellness initiatives; salary to be commensurate with experience. We offer a friendly and professional work environment. Our offices are located in Metropolitan Place, 99 Wyse Road in downtown Dartmouth across the street from the Dartmouth Sportsplex. BOYNECLARKE LLP supports equity in employment and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply to our firm. Our website offers more information about our firm. Please reply in confidence to: