Accounting Clerk - BOYNECLARKE LLP
- Do you want a career in a law firm that rewards you for a commitment to an excellent work product?
- Are you looking for an employer who facilitates a team-working environment?
- Are you tired of commuting in rush hour traffic to Halifax?
- Does state-of-the-art Document Management technology interest you?
Look no further. BOYNECLARKE LLP is a dynamic, fast-growing Dartmouth law firm.
Our Accounting Team is looking to hire a dedicated, enthusiastic and organized Accounting Clerk to manage a wide variety of tasks.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- File management including opening, maintaining and updating client information as required;
- Complete conflict checks for each new file;
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of client/file information within the Prolaw database;
- Identify incomplete client/file information in the Prolaw database and update accordingly;
- Assist with accounts receivable collections;
- Daily file retrieval and delivery;
- Batch and process invoices for payment;
- Replenish petty cash;
- Maintain list of opened files;
- Assist with the billing process, including month end;
- Print and distribute lawyer unapplied files and transfer time as requested;
- Act as backup for other accounting positions.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Diploma or Degree in Business with a focus in Accounting;
- 1-2 years experience in an Accounting role or an equivalent combination of experience and training;
- Exceptional attention to detail and proven organization skills;
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple deadlines;
- Critical thinking coupled with strong problem solving skills;
- Outstanding computer skills, specifically Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel with the ability to learn new software quickly;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- A positive team player.
BOYNECLARKE LLP provides a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, life and dependent life insurance, Group RSP, EAP and Health & Wellness initiatives; salary to be commensurate with experience. We offer a friendly and professional work environment.
Our offices are located in Metropolitan Place, 99 Wyse Road in downtown Dartmouth across the street from the Dartmouth Sportsplex. Our website www.boyneclarke.ca offers more information about our firm.
Please reply in confidence to:
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 876Dartmouth, NS B2Y 3Z5