Associate Position At LaFosse Macleod
LaFosse MacLeod, a law firm in Sydney, N.S., is currently offering an immediate career opportunity for an associate lawyer within our litigation department to work within a team environment. This is an excellent opportunity for a lawyer to be introduced to challenging work and potentially secure a leadership role in the future. The successful candidate must be a member in good standing of the Nova Scotia Barristers' Society.
The candidate's responsibilities will include:
- Handling client files in all areas of litigation
- Assisting senior counsel with respect to all aspects of litigation, including research and drafting opinions
- Drafting documents, pleadings and agreements
- Conducting discoveries, trials and hearings
- Experience in family and insurance law considered an asset
- Highly motivated, with strong career commitment and aspiration for professional growth.
- Attention to detail and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills for managing client files in a timely and orderly manner
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Quicklaw and DivorceMate software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please forward a complete resume with references to Guy LaFosse at email@example.com on or before June 6, 2014.