Halifax District Election
A Council Election will be held in Halifax District from March 6 to March 20, 2023. Five practising lawyers will be vying for the four Halifax District seats on Council.
The Halifax District candidates are:
- Desireé Jones-Matthias — African Nova Scotian Justice Institute
- Robert Kennedy — Public Prosecution Service
- D. Fraser MacFadyen — Stewart McKelvey
- Jane O’Neill KC — McInnes Cooper
- Terry Sheppard — BOYNECLARKE LLP
Cape Breton District Election
A Council Election will be held in Halifax District from March 6 to March 20, 2023. Three practising lawyers will be vying for the two Cape Breton District seats on Council.
The Cape Breton District candidates are:
- Jennifer C. MacDonald — Portside Law LLP
- Shannon Mason — Nova Scotia Legal Aid
- Andrea Rizzato — Sheldon Nathanson Barristers and Solicitors Inc.
Voting is conducted online and starts on Monday, March 6th at 8:30 AM and closes Monday, March 20th at 4:30 PM. Details about the electronic voting procedure, candidate biographies, and election platforms will soon be posted to the website.
Acclamations in Central District and Southwestern District
The following nominees are acclaimed as Council members for the 2023-2025 term:
- J. Patrick Young – Public Prosecution Service
- Jamie MacGillivray — MacGillivray Law Office
- Jamie Vacon — Nova Scotia Legal Aid
There is a vacancy in the Southwestern District. This vacancy will be filled by a process to be determined by Council, once the At-Large elections are complete.
Questions about the Election? Please contact the Society’s Communications Advisor, John MacGillis via email at [email protected]. Your message will be returned within two business days.