- Consider issues impacting access to legal services by residents of rural Nova Scotia and the practice challenges faced by practising lawyers in those communities.
- Identify, following appropriate research, the key factors impacting access to legal services in rural Nova Scotia;
- Consider and identify options for regulatory issues that seem to negatively impact lawyers practising in rural Nova Scotia;
- Develop options that will identify the role of the Society in its dealings within regulation of lawyers practising in rural Nova Scotia;
- Review regulatory issues affecting lawyers withdrawing from practice and in particular, the requirement to transfer real estate files.