RISK AND PRACTICE MANAGEMENT TIP: Tech Tips!
With the ABA Tech Show just around the corner, here are a few tech-inspired tips to help keep you efficient and productive:
- Want to go paperless or less paper? Consider buying a desk scanner and scan documents immediately. Send the originals to the client for safekeeping.
- Consider purchasing a document management system like Worldox. It not only organizes your files like a filing cabinet but has a far more user-friendly search function compared to a DIY.
- Use digital fillable PDF forms rather than paper forms. Consider uploading forms onto an iPad that you keep in your reception area for the client to complete and submit before your meeting.
- Consider buying more than one tablet: for the office, home and travel. Also consider purchasing extra charge cables at different lengths and a rechargeable battery!
- Review and revise your passwords. Use numbers, letters and symbols. You can test how strong your password is by going to grc.com/haystack.htm.
In a world where time is money and errors can happen with a simple click of a button, just a few minor adjustments to your practice can help.
If you have any questions on these or any other risk- or practice-related matters, do not hesitate to contact Stacey Gerrard, LIANS Counsel with the Risk and Practice Management Program, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 902 423 1300 ext. 345.