- The Professional Standards (Real Estate) Committee supports Council in the governance of the Society by developing professional standards for the area of real estate law.
Make recommendations to Council with respect to identification of:
- existing applicable professional standards of real estate law practice and emerging real estate law issues which may require the development of professional standards;
- changes in professional standards of real estate law practice and emerging real estate law issues that require amendments to existing NSBS Real Estate Law Professional Standards;
- Annually review the NSBS Real Estate Law Professional Standards and advise Council with respect to potential amendments thereto, including a draft of proposed amendments;
- Identify resources and tools to assist members to practise in accordance with the Standards;
- Act as a resource on issues of professional standards for real estate law as may be requested by Council.