- The Law Office Management Standards Committee supports Council in the governance of the Society and its purpose of protecting the public interest in the practice of law by developing professional standards for the management of law offices in Nova Scotia.
- Identify for Council:
- existing professional standards of law office management and emerging law office management issues that may require the development of professional standards that fulfill the Society’s obligations to regulate in the public interest; and
- changes or variations in standards of law office management and emerging law office management issues which may a require amendments to the NSBS Law Office Management Standards and make recommendations to Council accordingly;
- Identify, and assist lawyers in the establishment and implementation of, resources and tools to assist with practice in accordance with the Standards;
- Annually review the NSBS Law Office Management Standards and advise Council with respect to potential amendments thereto, including a draft of proposed amendments;
- Annually review the footnotes and references to the NSBS Law Office Management Standards and provide notice to Council with respect to amendments thereto;
- Act as a resource on issues of law office management standards as may be requested by Council.