- The Professional Standards (Family Law) Committee supports Council in the governance of the Society by developing professional standards for the area of family law.
- Make recommendations to Council with respect to identification of:
- existing applicable professional standards of family law practise and emerging family law issues which may require the development of professional standards;
- changes in the professional standards of family law practice and emerging family issues that require amendments to existing NSBS Professional Standards – Family Law.
- Annually review the NSBS Professional Standards – Family Law, amend as necessary and advise Council with respect to potential amendments to the Standards, including providing notice of the amendments for Council approval;
- Annually review the footnotes and references to the NSBS Professional Standards – Family Law and provide notice to Council with respect to amendments thereto;
- Identify and provide resources and tools to assist members to practise in accordance with the Standards;
- Act as a resource on issues of professional standards for family law as may be required by Council.