- The Committee supports Council in the governance of the Society by:
- Assisting with the recruitment, appointment and election of members of Council and Officers of the Society;
- Supporting Council’s commitment to the principles and practices of good governance.
- Establish and ensure an open and transparent nominating and election process for Council positions that provides candidates for all positions;
- Recruit a Second Vice-President nominee;
- Recruit candidates for Public Representatives on Council for appointment by Council;
- Consult with the Equity Officer, the Racial Equity Committee and other relevant organizations prior to finalizing nominations;
- Recommend to Council recipients of the Distinguished Service Award, and other Honours and Awards, as appropriate;
- Support Council’s governance of the Society, including but not limited to:
- recommending changes to the Legal Profession Act and Regulations and changes to Council Policies;
- Monitor and review Council governance policies;
- Annually recommend, for Council approval, committee appointments.