Foreign Recruitment Certificate
TRAINING SESSION AGENDA:
9:30 AM(2 Hours)11:30 AM(1 Hour)
- Introduction to the Canadian Immigration System (Foreign Workers)
- Federal guidelines for foreign recruitment
- The Employment Protection for Foreign Nationals Act
- Exploring the point of view of Nova Scotia and other provinces over foreign recruitment
- Canadian Permanent Residency & Citizenship options for foreign workers.
ETHICAL RESPONSIBILITY: (PROFESSIONALISM CONTENT)
- Misrepresentation and consequences of misrepresentation.
- Accommodating client’s requests ethically and following the guidelines imposed by the law.
- Ethical matter arising from SASK and Foreign Workers Recruitment and Immigration Services Act.
NETWORKING & LUNCH
1:30 PM(1H 30 Min)
- NOC – National Occupational Classification
- Authorization – Who may work in Canada
- Visa, eTA, Permit
- Work without a Permit
REFRESHMENTS & GROUP DISCUSSION3:30 PM(1H 30Min)
- LMIA – Labour Market Impact Assessment
- Work without an LMIA under the international agreements and the Canadian interests
- Work with an LMIA for low-wage or high-wage employees
- Immigration and citizenship options for Temporary Workers
ATTENDANCE & WRAP-UP