Interviewing with Open-ended Questions
Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 12:00
Name of Organization:
This course is available on demand via free 24 minute long podcast and video. It is also available at the time and date shown, and other times and dates, via 35 minute long live webinars for $35 plus HST.
- Why ask clients questions?
- Are the identified problems the client’s or the lawyer’s?
- What about the concerns of other people and setting precedents in society?
- What are open-ended questions?
- What are examples of open-ended questions?
- The problem of when the client’s tale raises issues outside of the lawyer’s area of practice.
- Can some open-ended questions focus a discussion on a topic?
- How do open-ended questions differ from other types of questions?
- Can open-ended questions be used to direct an interview?
- What are the benefits of open-ended questions?
- What are the detriments of open-ended questions?
- May open-ended questions and other forms be used during the same interview or counseling session?
- When should open-ended questions be used during an interview?