Time Management for Lawyers Part 1: Getting and Staying Organized
Of all the elements you have to work with, none is more precious than time. Designed to address lawyers’ unique organizational and time challenges, and ethical obligations to be competent, prompt and diligent, this solution-oriented program offers practical strategies for better managing time, projects, paper, and people - especially yourself. Topics include best practices for keeping up with email, creating and using a simple task management system, how to concentrate on “deep work” while still responding promptly to colleagues and clients, and how to maintain good organization habits. Within the context of a busy legal practice, you will learn how to:
- Make the most of your time
- Track your projects and assignments
- Develop effective reminder and deadline systems
- Handle client matters diligently and competently
- Reduce your risk of errors or omissions through better organization
You’ve invested years learning the substance of the law, now invest 90 short minutes to learn how to get and stay organized.